Your Garden Will Never Be The Same

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For the Love of Leaves

The trouble with color is it speaks to me. If they would just make more leaves true red and royal purple, I could have more fun with them.

I was messing around with my camera the other day just to see how it would do on closeups. These are some sections of my container gardens at my front door. Silver and purple seems to be this years theme.


Image © Lost In The Flowers Media


The combination of Purple Diamond Loropetalum above the silver falls of Dichondra is just stunning. The Loropetalum I got at Lowe's and was incorrectly tagged. I was not very happy when I discovered it was not the Purple Pixie Loropetalum I had visions of cascading down the side of the container. Of course by that time it had already increased the root ball beyond the size of the 6" pot and I could not exchange it for the right plant. Still, it is a lovely and colorful shrub even if it will not remain small enough to live much longer in a pot.



Image © Lost In The Flowers Media

Ah, Snow Fairy Caropyrtis how I do love your bright white leaves. You look so lovely with the Blackie Sweet Potato and some red Verbena peeking through here and there. Once upon a time there was some Laguna Lobelia in there .... somewhere. They got smothered out long ago I'm afraid.

3 comments:

  1. HEY! I love the new "DIGS" LOL
    You've done a beautiful job (duh!LOL)


    Loyal fan,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I'd say hello while here.

    You'd think me very boring - I also love just nothing but green.

    Lucy
    PICTURES JUST PICTURES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog looks great. I love the color blue. :) Great color combinations in your containers. I love unique foliage, sometimes it's more interesting than the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Hi ... Glad you stopped by. It's always nice to hear from my readers and friends.