Your Garden Will Never Be The Same

Friday, August 29, 2008

If I Were Soil ...

If I were soil capable of supporting rooted life -

I would refuse to allow grass to grow.

I would only provide nutrients to more garden friendly human delights.

I would house those that prove to be beautiful, surprising or colorful presences to behold.


Silvery Leaves of Pulmonaira
Image © Lost In The Flowers Media


Whose fabulous fuzzy leaves cast such a ray of beautiful light over the cooling green of shade.



Red Charm Peony
Image © CJ Diamond


One must admire the appearance of true red so rare amidst an ocean of pinks and white.


Cheerful Purple Coneflowers
Image © Lost In The Flowers Media


Whose excitement never wanes as the family circle gets more daring and bold than ever before.



Delicate Columbine Dancing on a Breeze
Image © Lost In The Flowers Media


For I will clothe the sprightly faeries with blossoms as billowing frocks at the spring cotillion.



Blue Parakeet Iris
Image © CJ Diamond


Who fair echo the color of the early summer sky connecting the awakened soil with the heavens.




Strangely Colored Heuchera Leaves
Image © Lost In The Flowers Media


The appearance of which is meant only to delight the viewer with their bizarre unexpectedness.


Perhaps it is better that I am not soil, for what would the cattle and sheep eat?

This is not to say that I would cast out the trees or luscious fruits or crispy vegetables. Maybe in the grand scheme of things it is wiser that I am only allowed to play with the soil. On further musing if I did gain total control of it things might become a bit one sided!

Yet I cannot help but wonder if the world would be a happier place if I could build Utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ... Glad you stopped by. It's always nice to hear from my readers and friends.